HIV and STI Prevention Project Funded by USAID/FHI
Light House started HIV and STI Prevention Project in April 2002. The project aims at creating a supportive environment for HIV and STI prevention among female and male sex workers and MSM, provide STI services, counseling and testing (CT) services, increase knowledge, skills and access to products for correct and consistent use of condoms in high risk sexual encounters.
Strengthening Civic Engagement in Elections and Political Processes for Enhanced Transparency and Democratic Accountability 2013–2014
- This project is funded by The Asia Foundation/DFID for the period of May, 01 2013 to October, 31 2014.
Partner NGOs from Adibashi Group:
- Women Commission for Development in Bangladesh (WCDB), Ghoraghat, Dinajpur.
- Anagrasar Samaj Unnayan Songstha (ASUS), Kakon Hat, Godagari, Rajshahi
Project briefing: Light House will collaborate on the implementation of many components of the program with the umbrella of Election Working Group (EWG), a non-partisan, 29-member national coalition of civil society organizations that share a common commitment to free and fair elections and good governance in Bangladesh. Light House will enhance the transparency of Bangladesh’s electoral processes in 2013-2014 and beyond with comprehensive domestic and regional election observation based on international best practice standards, and long-term advocacy for electoral reform.
Objectives: 1. Enhance Transparency and Credibility of Election Processes; 2. Decrease Political and Electoral Violence; 3. Strengthen the Quality of Representation and Democratic Accountability.
- Long-term domestic and regional election observation and electoral reform advocacy;
- Citizen monitoring and voter education to mitigate political and electoral violence; and
- Voter education and forms to enhance responsiveness and accountability of candidates.